Darth Michael & Mrs. M: Thank you for your quick beta of this revision. blush You know, I looked at that word, regarding that thing on the wall which controls temperature for a given room/set of rooms, and it looked wrong / off, but it didn't get flagged by the FireFox spell checker, so I didn't think about it. lol Serves me right.

Clark touching Miranda's ankle was in the original scene. Since Lois and Clark found the body (and called it in to cops), I'm sure Clark mentioned that he was wrong (LOIS: /cough/ 'Lunkheaded' is the correct term.) to have touched the body. What we learn later on is that all employees of the Daily Planet affected by her perfume were suspects in Miranda's death, but since Clark was never arrested for it, perhaps someone decided that he didn't have enough motive to have 'done her in'. (I mean what self-respecting policeman is going to give credence to any motive for a straight, non-married man to kill the woman who had made a beautiful woman... i.e. Lois .... drape herself all over him and offer himself to him repeatedly? Lois, on the other hand, has plenty of motive.)

Thank you for caring enough to check out my revisions. smile

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Should be enough to convict him by a jury of LexCorp employees (i.e. 12 guys from the pool of 50% of Metroplis' slave labor force)
Perhaps more so... um... should later on, should those millions of people ever find themselves out of work.

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by Wrong Clark
“Murder. That’ll be five bucks, please.”
Clark!
CLARK: What? I grew up in foster care. There you learn to grab money where you can.
lol Yes, his moral structure isn't as tightly wound as canon Clark.

No, that's called 'assisted suicide by third party'.
Thank you, Mr. Bender.

What a trip from the past!
hyper

Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
I don't distinctly remember the original versions, but I like these updated snippets.
Thank you. Mostly, I added in Lois's unsettled stomach and her and Clark's reaction to finding Miranda's body which was woefully absent in the first version. Plus, I deleted the part about Clark making a bet with Lois about Miranda being murdered before leaving the shop, because it was in poor taste.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.