I still have yet to hit the 50-book mark in a single year of this challenge, but I did get closer this time. Since I'm probably not going to finish another book by midnight tonight, I figured I'd post my list now. I'm just copy/pasting from my LibraryThing account--not bothering with previous posts in this thread.

In the order that they're listed at LibraryThing when I pull up my "read in 2008" tag:

1. The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, Book 1) - Philip Pullman
2. Classic Detective Stories from a Suitcase of Suspense - Reader's Digest
3. Classic Espionage Stories from a Suitcase of Suspense - Reader's Digest
4. Classic Murder Stories from a Suitcase of Suspense - Reader's Digest
5. Classic Mystery Stories from a Suitcase of Suspense - Reader's Digest
6. The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, Book 3) - Philip Pullman
7. The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials, Book 2) - Philip Pullman
8. Dragons of Winter Night (Dragonlance: Dragonlance Chronicles) - Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman
9. Dragons of Autumn Twilight (Dragonlance: Dragonlance Chronicles) - Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman
10. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) - J. K. Rowling
11. Plot (Elements of Fiction Writing) - Ansen Dibell
12. The Chimes of Resdorn - DonnaLee Wheeler (My maternal grandmother)
13. The Briar King (Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone, Book 1) - Greg Keyes
14. The Charnel Prince (The Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone, Book 2) - Greg Keyes
15. Temeraire Trilogy - Naomi Novik
16. Wild Seed - Octavia E. Butler
17. The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (Book 1) - Alexander McCall Smith
18. Tek War - William Shatner
19. Buffy the Vampire Slayer Roleplaying Game: Revised Core Rulebook - C.J. Carella
20. Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen
21. Persuasion - Jane Austen
22. Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen
23. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
24. Emma - Jane Austen
25. Mansfield Park - Jane Austen
26. The Jane Austen Book Club: A Novel - Karen Joy Fowler
27. Almost a Goddess - Judi McCoy
28. Serenity Role Playing Game - Jamie Chambers
29. Sister Light, Sister Dark: Book One of the Great Alta Saga - Jane Yolen
30. White Jenna: Book Two of the Great Alta Saga - Jane Yolen
31. The One-Armed Queen (Great Alta Saga) - Jane Yolen
32. What Would MacGyver Do?: True Stories of Improvised Genius in Everyday Life - Brendan Vaughan
33. The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible - A. J. Jacobs

Things that don't count, because they're more magazines or brochures, but that LibraryThing still allows as books, since they have ISBNs:

1. Buffy Directors Screen - Paul Chapman (There's a booklet that comes with the screen to help Buffy RPG directors with creating adventures, and there's also a pre-written adventure in it, about the size of a magazine, so it doesn't count.)
2. Those Left Behind (Serenity) - Joss Whedon (This is a comic book.)
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer Vol. 0: The Origin - Christopher Golden (This is also a comic book.)
4. What's Your IQ Activity Kit (Book and Card Deck) (Petites Plus) - Janet Terban Morris (This is one of those card and hand-sized book sets from Barnes & Noble.)
5. The Story of My Life - Jantina Smittenaar (My paternal grandmother--this book doesn't have an ISBN, so I don't consider it a real book. In fact, half of it is genealogical information, so it's only about 50 pages worth of actual writing.)
6. The Essential Tarot: Book and Card Set (Gift Boxes) - Rosalind Simmons (This is one of those card and hand-sized book sets from Barnes & Noble.)

So, that's 33 books that actually count, and 6 that don't. If only I hadn't been stuck in the middle of Dragons of Winter Night for months on end, then I might've been able to get those last 17 books in before the end of the year. *sigh*

Oh well, there's always next year.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place