Also Labrat: as for the Dark Materials books... I too made it through the first book and thought it was an okay story. The second book I was okay with until about halfway through and then not only did I struggle with the writing style but at the end of the book I decided not to read the last one because the plot line was just to nonsensical to me. Let me know if you finish the third one though. I'd like your opinion of it as I made just give it another go.
Funnily enough, it's been exactly the opposite for me. TSK didn't really spark for me until about two thirds in and then I really quite enjoyed it. I'm not even sure why it wasn't catching my interest up till then because in many ways I think it's a much more interesting story than NL. But finished it now and it wasn't half bad. I wouldn't mind reading book three, but I'm not desperate to, if you know what I mean. I will get around to it at some point though. Probably before the end of the year.

So...adding in...

9. Phillip Pullman
The Subtle Knife

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers