Jojo started this thread last year and I deeply regret that I lost track halfway through and stopped counting.

So I thought it might be fun to repeat the process this year and this time I will keep track!

So far this year, I've read:

1. Sara Douglass:
The Nameless Day
The Wounded Hawk
[I love this trilogy which mixes real medieval history with the author's fantasy and am eagerly waiting for book 3 to arrive. I'm also going to check out her other books, too.]

2. Tess Gerritsen
Body Double
[I was given this for my birthday. An author I'd never heard of, but which I really loved. A great thriller, full of twists and turns. I've got the rest of her books on my wish list now. ]

3. Michael Connelly
Void Moon
[I had been expecting this to be another Harry Bosch book, but it was about a female heroine and I found it really refreshing. Kept me on the edge of my seat.]

4. Lost Light
[This one was Harry Bosch - I went through a phase of reading a lot of these in a short period of time and although I enjoyed them, I got fed up and haven't read any for a while, till now. It was nice to catch up with Harry again.]

5. Robert Goddard
Never Go Back
[I discovered RG in a charity shop and have picked up several of his books since. I love how no two are the same and he covers all kinds of situations/periods/characters. His books are always fresh and a surprise. I have to say though that this one wasn't one of my favourites. Still an enjoyable read, though.]

6. Jeffrey Deaver
The Cold Moon
[Another one I was given for my birthday. I've never been a huge fan of the Lincoln Rhyme books and characters, but this one introduced a fascinating new female character called Kathryn Dance. It looks as though his next, yet to be published novel deals with her exclusively and I'm looking forward to reading that one, now, as I really enjoyed the book because of her.]

7. John Farris
Fiends
[I picked this one up in my charity shop. It was an enjoyable, quirky and original horror novel.]

8. Phillip Pullman
Northern Lights
[Yup, finally got around to reading this one. I actually enjoyed it, after convincing myself that I wouldn't. I thought it had an old-fashioned style to it that greatly reminded me of favourite childhood authors like Alan Garner. It didn't hook me and I wasn't terribly keen to read on, but it was a good story that I enjoyed reading.]

That's been it, so far. I'm in the middle of book two of His Dark Materials, The Subtle Knife. So far, it's not engaging me as well as NL, but it's not bad.

So...what's on your list?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers