Originally posted by DSDragon:
I might know of some, but I'd have to think about it a while first. Something almost like a fairytale re-telling though: Winter Rose by Patricia McKillip. It's really interesting, though I can't really remember a fairytale that it might be a re-telling of, for some reason, "Snow White" keeps popping in my head. Either that, or there's this one fairytale with an ice queen in an ice palace or something (can't remember the name of it, but I'm pretty sure it's either a Brothers Grimm or a Hans Christian Anderson tale) that the book is closer to.
From the description, it sounds like Snow White and Rose Red, which is nothing like the Snow White story itself. Snow White and Rose Red are two sisters who befriend a bear, who is not what he seems. I'm going to have to get my book of fairy tales out some time to reread that story.

Edit: Oh, never mind, here's the story of Snow White and Rose Red .

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited