46. The Charmer (Liars Club, Book 4) by Celeste Bradley

47. To Wed a Scandalous Spy (Royal Four, Book 1) by Celeste Bradley

48. The Rogue (Liar's Club, Book 5) by Celeste Bradley

I've continued on with the Spy books and I'm still enjoying them a lot. I have to say I wasn't very impressed by "To Wed a Scandalous Spy" but sadly to understand the books after that you have to read it.

It wasn't that the book was totally bad... I just felt like that one was an after thought. Maybe because it is focusing on the Royal Four (the men who give the Liar's Club their targets and missions) and there wasn't as much action. Which was sad because I was looking forward to the main male character's story. All I know is that I didn't really care if the main characters got together.

I suppose that is my main complaint about the last two books on the list. I didn't really feel like the two of them cared much for each other. "The Rogue" did a nice job of showing you that they were attracted to each other but the love confessions that rang out later seemed contrived. How can one really know they are in love with someone with in a week of knowing them. Pffft! The story was exciting in that one though and I like that she ended that one by furthering the plot and not with mushy love stuff.

Anyway... two more books to go! Going to probably finish off the spy series and then take a break from books until December. I think next year I'm going to try to do a real review for every book. Not sure if you guys would be interested in it but I'll be posting those on my livejournal.

I'm also going to make myself read a certain amount of novels outside of just the romance genre.

EDIT: I also have to point out that I have now read 6 of these books and all of them are set in 1813. Come on lady!!! Span out the time frame a little. This is driving me nuts!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!