Updating with:

#55 Jeff Lindsay - Darkly Dreaming Dexter
[Trinity, I absolutely agree with you - I thoroughly enjoyed this. When I picked it up in the charity store I'd assumed it was a TV novelisation. It wasn't until I began to read it that I realised it was the other way about - an original novel that the show was based on. As such, of course, it had more depth than I was expecting. It takes a lot to come up with something original in this genre these days, so kudos to JL for bringing something fresh to it. I'll be looking out for the other books.]

#56 Peter Robinson - Aftermath
[Thrillers set in the UK are definitely second on my list of things to read, but I found this one to be a pretty good read.]

Mary Higgins Clark:

#57 Daddy's Little Girl
#58 Let Me Call You Sweetheart
#59 Night-Time Is My Time
[MHC is another 'popcorn novel' author for me, like Robin Cook. I enjoyed these ones more than most and they provided the usual few hours of easy entertainment.]

#60 Elizabeth Adler - No Regrets
[Not much to say about this. Standard thriller fare. Which isn't to say I didn't enjoy it. Just that it's nothing out of the ordinary or particularly special.]

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers