This discussion made me hungry for pot noodles, so I just had some for lunch. It was Albertson's (think Sainsbury's) Ramen Noodle Soup in beef flavor. But by the time it steeped in the cup (3 min), it wasn't soup, it was flavored noodles. Then I remembered I always added more hot water halfway through to make it a soup. Oh, and my electric tea pot heats a full pot in less than a minute.
As to hairdryers, it's the watts that count. Mine is 1500 watts, but not dual voltage. I remember burning up a non-dual voltage dryer on my first trip to London (England) some 20 years ago. So I think the fan isn't going to blow as hard going from 220 V to 110 V. On the cruise ship we were just on (built in Germany for Star Cruises) there was one 110 outlet, but it had a 500 watt maximum limit. We were warned some hairdryers would blow the circuits on the ship. So I dried my hair by going outside on the balcony (O.K. I just had to sneak in the fact we had a balcony stateroom). Anyway, the bottom line is that I think dual voltage is just going to give less air blow. The option would be to buy a dedicated one for 110 volts and if you travel enough it might be worth it. They are quite cheap here.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis