West Germanic invaders from Jutland and southern Denmark: the Angles (whose name is the source of the words England and English), Saxons, and Jutes, began populating the British Isles in the fifth and sixth centuries AD. They spoke a mutually intelligible language, similar to modern Frisian--the language of northeastern region of the Netherlands--that is called Old English. Four major dialects of Old English emerged, Northumbrian in the north of England, Mercian in the Midlands, West Saxon in the south and west, and Kentish in the Southeast.
http://www.wordorigins.org/histeng.htm

So England doesn't = Anglia EXACTLY but is an origin. It was once a part. So I can understand people's frustrations with the use of Anglia b/c well, it's not 100% of the story!

I have heard of other 'origins' too though.
Some people discuss that here at these boards.
I used to hate it when people use to say "We are going to America!" Ugh. Here we call it The States and hate it when is called America, b/c well... America as we have discussed doesnt' mean the USA per say.

I pictured a heart with LL luvs/loves CK inside. I didn't bat my eyes with the L and not a +. If I would have done it, it would have been loves or a +. I guess L is different to me!

Figure it out and sorted it out - they seem to not be perfectly the same to me. Just thought I'd add a tidbit to that.

I only know the geographical definition of a township b/c I took mapping and the early geographical changes in Canada blah blah blah in school. If my memory serves me right it is not the same as an American township or anyother country's.

A township is more of a mapping procedure. It is not a state or a province, it is more on a human level.

A township is a geographical division within a public land survey system that is defined by a square parcel of land bounded on the east and west by meridians six miles apart and by parallels to the north and south also six miles apart. This 36 square mile unit of land contains 36 sections, each being one square mile.

A township can also be a governmental subdivision, which may vary from the standard size and shape. There doesn't have to be a 'town'
In Canada, there are two basic ways in which land has been put in large scale surveys, the concession-lot system used in Eastern Canada (TWNSP is one form of a subdivision of a county), and the township-range system of Western Canada (exist only for purpose of land division started by the Dominion Land survey and are not administrative units!).

It was a way of dividing up land for the purpose of controlling all the farming and immigration that was occuring. The area where I live now was divided up during the period from 1880 to 1900.

Basically it was a big square divided into little squares and divided up again. Certain ones were allocated for the railway, the government a school and a church.

To me townships are no longer created here. If they are I'm sorry! We use municipalities to divide up areas that are not in the city, but can be populated with more than 100 people. Here we have the city of Winnipeg with muncipalities out side call, for example, Headingly.

You know what. I didn't do such a great job explaining. I'm dead tired. Try here.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.