And I haven't figured out how to read properly in the bath yet. Even with wiping my hands on towels, the book still gets wet. I'm trying to figure out how to use the laptop there, though.
rotflol I've wondered for a long time how I could pull that off, too! When I decide to take a bath instead of a shower, I always take a book and a drink along. I just keep the hand with the book out of the water, and there's always a towel hanging nearby to dry my other hand. One thing I have learned-- it's probably not a good idea to turn on the jets unless you're going to hold the book way up, or the spray'll get it. :p

I've always called 'em all noodles, too-- pasta and noodles are pretty interchangeable around here, although I too tend to call the Italian noodles "pasta", which leaves us with the other category, Chinese noodles. (Then you've got couscous, your Moroccan... um, noodle? Or pasta? Actually, in order to get my 6 y.o. to eat couscous, we call it "mini noodles." Whatever works, right? :p )

I've never seen an electric kettle, either-- although they're a standard kitchen appliance in most of the England-set books I've ever read. I've seen coffee machines with hot water spigots in (7-11 type) gas stations and cafeterias, but have never seen anything but stovetop teapots in people's houses. Interesting, really, because those same houses all use electric coffee pots-- I guess it's because tea isn't the national drink over here that it is in the UK, huh? That so few people use electric kettles, I mean.

Yeah, it's pretty funny, isn't it, that in the US we use euphemisms for bathrooms, such as "restroom" or "washroom" (a lot of elderly folks use the latter). And yet, we have commercials that discuss diarrhea and tampons and personal lubricants, etc., in an awful lot of detail...

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler