Had to chime in on these two.

Some weird <g> people at my last job would put salsa in their cottage cheese! Blech!
Hey, I faintly resemble that remark! As a kid I used to put Ketchup on my Cottage Cheese, just to drive my Dad nuts. He also hated strawberry milk. He grew up on a dairy farm and apparently sometimes the cows would have an ulcer in their udder which would cause it to turn pink...

Paul, if I had read your comment about Maple Syrup on Cottage Cheese before going on Atkins, I would have definitely tried it.

The other...
When I first came to Puerto Rico, many years ago, I was surprised to see a deodorant commercial where the model was putting the deoderant on their underarm. In the US commercials, the model would rub the stick on their forearm. (I always thought that was so silly. Do they still do that?)
Not as much anymore, but the reason for putting it on the forearm was because up until recently, it was taboo to show the armpit.

James, who must say that he is totally enjoying this thread! I am learning all kinds of interesting triva...

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!