Okay, I'm dropping in briefly to add my two pence worth...

Clotted cream and whipped cream are different -- and, Wendy, how can you possibly prefer whipped cream? That is a poor, poor alternative to clotted! Then again, maybe I'm showing the scars of having been brought up in the South West of England, where clotted cream is a particular specialty. (I escaped the local cider addiction, though. Thankfully.)

I can't remember the details, but I'm sure that making clotted cream involves putting pans of milk over a gentle heat. Whipped cream comes in a rather runny, liquid form and has to be, yes, whipped.

On the subject of geography, this thread reminds me of something a professor once said to me about all the geography questions in Trivial Pursuit: "That's not geography. That's general knowledge!" And another geographer once said to me that he might not know where somewhere was, but he knew how to find out. Isn't that, after all, what maps, atlases and gazeteers are for?
I will, however, spare you the discussion of just what geography is and what geographers do.

Chris (who studied geography for more years than she cares to think about)