I'll admit my initial reaction on catching up with the posts was to be disappointed.
Brava on your attitude, Lab! But I did want to let you know, I've read *most* of this thread, but I haven't gotten to read SOMH yet (high on my list of to-do, Lab!! I'm exctied to read it. smile1 ). I don't consider myself spoiled in regards to SOMH. You all are talking about such a small snippet of the story that out of context, all it tells me it that Lois ends up falling for Clark. And, well...I would have expected that eventually, right? wink Anyway, I like to think of it like I do movie trailers. If you watch a movie trailer *after* you've seen the movie, you think "Man, *why* would that put those clips in there?! That gives away the whole movie!" But then when you see a preview (trailer) *before* the movie, do you remember that little clip showing the guy with the gal that you didn't think would get together? Not really.

Anyway...I've veered OT, sorry. blush

That is probably regional, Yvonne. I've only ever seem PED XING on signs on the side of the road, never on the road itself.
Here in Arizona, we have words painted on the roads. And yes they're written in the order in which you drive over them, presumably for easier reading :rolleyes: . This always confused me and I remember asking my mom when I was younger why they had the words out of order. (AHEAD SCHOOL...that's for those smart kids, right? The ones who want to get ahead? wink )

On another note, I was just now re-reading a favorite fanfic of mine and noticed a sentence in which one character is leading another "up primrose lane". I normally say, "lead [someone] down primrose lane" (likewise, "down memory lane", etc.)

Searching on internet, I found both versions used. Is this another UK/US thing? Perhaps there are regional differences even w/in the US? Or is it just a matter of personal preference?
I know a few others have answered this already, Vicki, but I thought I'd share too. To me, I use either. "He lives just up the road" or "He lives just down the road." Just whatever word comes out first I guess. razz For quite some time, the nearest Krispie Kreme was in Phoenix, two hours away. People would actually *pay* others to buy them a dozen KK's when they heard there was a trip to Phoenix! Weirdos! Anyway, people were *so* excited when they finally opened one here. :rolleyes:

Can I just say how much I love your hairdresser, Y, given that she's just smashed my record as Queen of the Geographically-Challenged forever?
Lab, you should talk to Mere...she thinks you can *drive* from California to Hawaii! wink /me ducks

Sara (who really hadn't expected to catch up with this thread, let alone post laugh )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.