I try to make Metropolis more multicultural than in canon.
Well they did have African-American looking genrals with Jewish/Eastern European last named (Zeitlin), so it was multi-cultural, just at times very subtle.

I'm not sure how that works. Does it HAVE to be an officer of the law? If he's apprised of them by a total stranger or witness, he's still been warned.
I am not sure if anyone knows the answer, because I am not sure any court has ever considered this question.

Clark knows he's Clark, so that counts. Right. wink
clap

For some reason her "oh, this won't work" line from The Phoenix is coming to mind.
I don't remember that from the Phoenix.
When she hypervenalates about how just him saying "hi" to her causes a hundred thoughts to go through her head, she makes a comment about fearing what will happen when he uses is two-sylable word.

I think telling her which persona is the key, not which persona he is in. Anyway once he says "Lois, I'm Clark", he can speed-change into Clark.
CLARK: wallbash Why didn't I think of that?
I really don't know. I mean since he would only tell her in a private place, speed changing should not be an issue.

CLARK: <<sheepishly>> That seems like a whole bunch to reveal all at once, doesn't it?
But she actually will understand you that way Clark, otherwise she will still be confused like Cat is, and might think you have non-human customs.

Either that or she'd suspect he doesn't remember because he visits lots of other women's windows.
Good point. He is really lucky she knows the Secret, otherwise he would be making big problems for himself once he tells her.

But Clark only really had their break-up on his mind, so naturally he thought of that other break-up, when SM broke up with Lois. And he's been there so often as Clark since then, that they've started to all blend together.
True, but if he was not Clark, none of those facts would be relevant.

It's been a few days. Anyway, she wants to get him alone. She misses him.
If only Clark would realize how much, and that it is him she misses.

John Pack Lambert