“No, wait, that’s not right. I came by in early October when I picked up your sister to return her to Los Angeles after the Kerth Awards.”
If Lois had not realized already that CK=SM, she would be very confused that he had forgotten that.

He stared at her, wanting nothing more than to pull Lois to his chest and fly her away, kissing her until she saw reason.
Do it, do it, do it.

“You stopped by before Christmas when Mr. Make-Up was after me and told me that Clark was my soul mate,” she reminded him.
Yes, his forgetting that interchange really would tip Lois off that something was odd, if she did not already know.

Her voice sounded rough as if she wanted to add more, but didn’t.
I guess she can't really say more on that matter until he knows she knows.

“Is,” he murmured so softly it could have been a thought.
smile1 he still has hope.

“Then you also stopped by my apartment before you left on your mission, your initial mission to stop the Nightfall asteroid,” Lois went on.
Yep, Superman should really be worried that Lois is going to suspect.

“I don’t think meeting alone at your apartment is a good idea, Lois,” Superman said.
I have to admit I can't really agree with him here, but this is mainly because I know that Lois knows.

The last time he had been there, as Clark, he had wanted to make love to her and ended up leaving confused and rejected.
grumble at Herb and his stupid idea that the curse covers there two.

“Aren’t you most anxious to make sure the Voyeur hasn’t returned since that time to film me in the shower?” Lois asked wryly.
Superman:I check you place regularly.

Lois:So you violate my privacy?

Superman:No, no, I do it through a friend. Or ah, something like that.

Lois:Yeah, sure. That is because you are Clark.

Superman clenched his fist. Was she taunting him on purpose?
Lois:I have to take advantage of knowing the secret somehow. Come on, I deserve a little fun.

He tried not to let it show how her words had affected him. Did she know how that one sentence had filled him with fury, terror, and desire all at once?
She probably doubts the desire part since she does not realize why Clark will not make love to her.

Clark usually checked for spy equipment every time he went to Lois’s apartment as a matter of routine, but he hadn’t been to Lois’s apartment since dinner the night before last.
She porbably assumes he checked then, so she is really was taunting him with that line earlier.

John Pack Lambert