-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
Why does he even go close to such stupid ideas when he knows they will just rip him apart emotionally?
Being ripped apart emotionally feels more how his life should be than happiness. He doesn't trust happiness, because it always seems to be pulled out from under him at some point or another.

So if her going to the Lexor was a ploy to open her apartment up to put bugging equitment in it, he has not checked since then.
LEX: Good Plan. I wish I had thought of it. But that free night at the Lexor was investigating something else.

It seems longer, of course that is because it has been about two months of posting-time.
Time stands still in Metropolis. Like right now. It's only March 1994.

So did he go to her apartment the next morning? So he did check once since she was in the Lexor?
No, I don't think he had a chance.

Umm, so much for his scanning her apartment ever chance he gets.
CLARK: blush Rub it in, why don't you?

He should trust those visions even more now.
He trusted her vision then, too, but he had already given his word to take care of Nightfall.

Like how he ended up leaving his suit at Clark's place? Where Clark was all day? Clark should be scared.
SUPERMAN: I stopped by Clark's apartment and gave him my suit after the mission and told him that I was going to spend a few days meditating and healing in Nepal. Apparently, he's forgotten this.

Clark:What is the point of a world that lacks Lois?
LOIS: So, you'd stop being Superman should I ever die? Well, if that isn't any pressure or anything?

she is helping Clark. Althogh I guess Clark can see it as maintaining her monopology on SM interviews.
A little of both.

Lois:See, Clark is still keeping secrets from me.
Same secret. Clark would have told her it was the same officer, if he had been there. But he wasn't, so no can do.

I'm surprised he goes to that place.
I needed some place secluded for him to go, and he loves to torture himself, so why not there to remind himself why SM *shouldn't* become involved with Lois again.

Then she will just think Clark is even a bigger wimp. Of course he does not know that, but it would probably shot himself in the foot the most of any of his options.
I'm sure he could have come up with a suitable alibi (rescue) for an excuse.

Now if he had been trying to do that when he kissed her before, Lois would really have a reason to be <mad>
CLARK: Lois being mad is always a possibility.

But she said it was only a ruse. Of course since she did not really explain why she was doing that ruse, he has doubts.
Clark can't believe she loves him, so he'll always have doubts.

No. You know I would have a totally different reaction if I did not know Lois knew The Secret.
You'd think she'd be going after him as SM again? Yeah, and you'd probably be correct too.

I do wish Clark did not have this doubt about Lois, but at knowing it is unfounded makes it livable. I guess I have to say as a literary device, Lois knowing and Clark not knowing she knows is fun, but I still feel for Clark.
He tortured her, now she gets to torture him back.

Stop being such a wimp Clark. Believe that Lois told the truth when she said she was in love with you.
CLARK: Because it was sooooo true when Lana said it?

Lois:Well, it would be no fun if I didn't mess with his brain some.
smile1

Making love with Lois is more fun than going back to Kansas.
CLARK: Unless, of course, she dies. Then not so much.

However if you thought CK=SM, then SM being halfway arcoss the country from CK would not really work against that theory.
Every little bit helps.

Jonathan:Most men like to see their wives.
M&J know Jerome and Lois aren't married. Lois told them this while they were in Smallville.

I only wish I was sure he believed that.
Clark is trying to believe that Lois really loves him. Does he get credit for that?

Maybe he should not take Perry's advice on dealing with women. It never worked for Jimmy.
clap Thank you for noticing that!

Is there any story where Clark regularly calls Lois "Metropolis".
Actually, I played around with it in one of my stories. I don't remember if it made it to the final draft. Lois called him Smallville, and in return he called her Metropolis.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.