He didn’t know what he was doing. He should go find someone to rescue to keep Superman from going to Lois’s apartment.
Then she will just think Clark is even a bigger wimp. Of course he does not know that, but it would probably shot himself in the foot the most of any of his options.

Visiting her as Superman felt deceitful,
Except since she does know, it won't be so bad.

as if he were testing her loyalty to Clark,
Now if he had been trying to do that when he kissed her before, Lois would really have a reason to be mad

only… only she had broken-up with Clark.
But she said it was only a ruse. Of couse since she did not really explain why she was doing that ruse, he has doubts.

Had she done this to pursue Superman again?
No. You know I would have a totally different reaction if I did not know Lois knew The Secret.

His heart ached at this thought.
I do wish Clark did not have this doubt about Lois, but at knowing it is unfounded makes it livable. I guess I have to say as a literary device, Lois knowing and Clark not knowing she knows is fun, but I still feel for Clark.

He should ask her, point blank, but there was a problem. Her answer terrified him.
Stop being such a wimp Clark. Believe that Lois told the truth when she said she was in love with you.

he had dissected their two minute conversation for the past hour. Every smile, every word, every glance, had been scrutinized as he tried to see if and how their relationship had changed. If? Damn straight, it had.
Lois:Well, it would be no fun if I didn't mess with his brain some.

Knowing that he had kissed her while wearing his uniform had removed that as a barrier between them.
Lois:Good. It would have been awkward if my boyfriend has some clothes that if he worse he would not kiss me.

It would be more difficult for him to keep the two sides of himself separate.
Good think Lois altready knows the Secret.

Superman had kissed her, and wanted to do so again… desperately.
I don't think she would let him again in the short term.

He had to resist, he knew, for Clark’s sake.
Fortunantly this is no longer an issue, otherwise I really would be worried.

If Superman pursued Lois, Clark wouldn’t stand a chance, and he knew it.
He really needs to start believing Lois more.

On the other hand, if she had dumped Clark to go after Superman, he could continue to kiss Lois as Superman.
wallbash This is such a lunkhead idea.

This was the stupidest idea under the sun, he knew.
Not any worse than breaking up with her for her own good.

He needed to tell Lois the truth.
Yes he does. Not just that CK=SM, but all of it.

If he allowed her to dump Clark to see where a relationship with Superman would go,
He needs to realize that he is not "allowing" any of this, it happens based on others choices.

and then allowed the relationship with Superman to flourish, would he ever be able to tell her the truth? He doubted it.
Fortunantly or un he no longer has a choice in the matter. She knows The Secret whether he likes it or not.

If he told her that Clark was Superman, after playing her off both men again, neither would be allowed to kiss her.
Considering how many times they have kissed since she learned The Secret, I think he is overly worried. Although considering how mad she is about what he has doen, he is probably right, if Lois did not now know.

He would’ve been lucky if either relationship would have survived such a confession before the Superman kiss, now… now, he had no doubt that he would see Lois angrier than he had ever seen her, and he had seen her mad often enough.
Actually I don't think she will get away with doing the direct anger thing at him over it. Of course it does depaend on whether he tells her of she lets him know she already knows. If he tells her she may go the angry route.

Superman needed to let Lois know that the kiss up on the roof had been a mistake.
But then if he tells her the truth, will she think all his kissing her he views as a mistake?

Only, how would he be able to do that when all he wanted to do was kiss her again?
Tell her that like Clark he was confused at the time?

John Pack Lambert