God, she hoped she didn’t sound like that when she got flustered, but knew she probably did.
clap

Maybe ‘Jerome’ was his real name.
Now, that’s just *wrong*.

He nodded. “Be careful. If anything were to happen to you, because I let you go on alone, Jerome would skin me alive.”
[Linked Image] And he wouldn’t even need tools for it.

“I’m always careful,” she told him, and he looked reassured, which was funny because she was lying through her teeth.
clap Wouldn’t it be fun if Lois ran into Linda?

Relief flooded her as she saw Jimmy, in the most ridiculous outdoorsman outfit she had ever seen,
[Linked Image]

“I don’t quite know what I’m looking for,” Jimmy replied, and then everything about him fell. “Um… Lois, is CK…?”

“Nah. He’s alive,
clap

“Nah. He’s alive, until I get my hands on him,” Lois explained
clap

Even if Trask’s crazy idea was on the right track, killing the Kryptonian representative sent to Earth would probably anger the Kryptonian people enough that they would be more likely to attack, than to have friendly relations with the people of Earth.
No, I’d wager with Clark out of the way, Nor and company would be just too happy to have good relations with a significant portion of Earth’s polulation.

Was that where they were keeping Clark?
No, Clark’s in the one with the light dimming repeatedly.

Luckily, it hadn’t looked like Trask had done anything to Clark except chain him up.
He could also have neutered him.

Her eyes widened. Did Trask think that the green crystal could hurt Superman? He was insane. Superman was invulnerable. Wasn’t he? Trask couldn’t be right, could he?
angel-devil

“How can I contact him?” Jimmy asked with exasperation. “Metropolis doesn’t have a Super signal.”
You put a damsel in distress on top of a building and dump her over the parapet.

The image of his dad holding a bloody hand to his chest flashed across his mind.
Wouldn’t it be fun if they had actually cut off a couple of his fingers instead of just broken them?

“How are we going to protect ourselves from those guys?”
Machine gun nest in the Fortress of Solitude.

“No, Jonathan, absolutely not. We’re not going to use our rifle against people, even bad people. That’s not who we are,” Mrs. Kent told her husband in no uncertain terms.
JONATHAN: Define ‘people’.

“But the glowing made him dizzy. That’s why he fell and hit his head when I showed it to him last night. You aren’t to repeat that to anyone, anyone, you hear?”
Yeah, wouldn’t want to get dragged into a nasty liability suit for not properly labeling the crystal with an epilepsy warning.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.