Lois put a hand on Thomas’s arm to slow him down.
Clark: hyper she is being more cautious than me. Maybe we won't both get captured after all, and eventually we will manage to escape.

Not surprising the way he had been rattling on. He seemed to be a natural rambler when he was nervous.
Sounds a lot like a certain female reporter we know.

God, she hoped she didn’t sound like that when she got flustered, but knew she probably did.
At least she is being honest with herself in this matter.

She hoped it was Clark, but knew from the staggering steps that it couldn’t be him unless he was injured.
Negative reader:She is hoping that Clark is injured. clap

Postive Reader:You are sick and twisted, and no. She is just hoping to see Clark. She wants to see him.

NR:Just keep telling yourself that, we know the truth.

Her pulse quickened at that thought.
PR:See, seeing an injured Clark is not good in her mind.

[/Quote]An older man with dark grey hair stumbled around the corner. He appeared exhausted and sweaty.[/Quote]

Wayne appears. dance

He had his left hand wrapped in a navy handkerchief and cradled against his chest in an all too familiar gesture of pain.

“Dad,” Thomas gasped, standing up and stepping forward towards him.
Knew it. OK, the fact that last time we were told Wayne was let go, and he was also let go in the original way these incidents played out might be good.

“Wait!” Lois hissed, grabbing his arm to stop him and pull him back down.
Yes, Lois is being smart. She realizes if he was let go, the bad guys might be watching him.

“Thomas, think. How did he get away? Do you think that they would just let him go after doing who-knows-what to him? You said it was armed soldiers who took Cl… my husband,”
Lois is thinking very well on her feet. True she almost slipped up and called Clark that. But she threw out the cover instead.

PR:She almost called him Clark. dance She can't be too angry at him.

NR:Chuck has normally been a sign of endearment. This shows she really is mad at him.
Clark:I think you both are reading too much into this exchange. She is not thinking beyond the moment here.

she stammered, almost using ‘Clark’ instead of ‘Jerome’. There was a reason she liked to work alone on undercover investigative assignments.
Clark:If you had told me where we were going, we could have worked out a cover.

Lois:If I had told you where we were going, you could have co-opted the Kents to your lies before we got there.

Clark:Not liekly. Realistically I would just have been panicked longer.

Lois:See, it would not have helped.

“Do you know why they took your dad?”

Thomas continued to stare at his dad, torn between Lois’s logic and wanting to help his father. “The green crystal we found after last week’s storm. My dad sent a sample of it to the lab, and then these guys arrived saying something about pesticides. The Kents have it hidden away.”
Clark:Now she knows about the Kryptonite.

NR:Only that it exists. She won't be able to help you with this. Also, do you want her to know you are effected by a Green rock. This could be really bad.

Clark:But Lois would never use the Krptonite on me.

NR:Want to bet.

Lois had known they were keeping something from her. Green crystal? Well, it couldn’t be Trask and Bureau 39 at the Irig farm then. What would they want with a green crystal?
Clark:Green crystals can kill Superman.

Lois:How do you know?

Clark:Because Tempus almost did when Superman showed up to rescue Perry and Mr. James B. Olsen at the mayoral debates.

Lois:Where is the number for Dr. Carlin when I need it. Chuck, you clearly need mental help.

Why hadn’t anyone mentioned it to her? She’d be angry with Clark later, but now, she needed to think on her feet.
Why does she assume Clark knows this detail?

Clark:Well, she is right, I do know.

PR:Well, hopefully it will be a good angry.

Clark:Good angry? dance I am getting in Lois' better graces without risking my spleen.

NR:You have not made much progress.

Clark:I will take any I can get.

Actually, nobody bragged about her behind her back, usually people hurled insults.
Clark:See Lois, I am not like other guys.

“I’ve got to go find… Jerome,”
She is improving. This time she did not even start on a wrong name.

He just didn’t feel like a ‘Jerome’. Intuitively, he felt like a Clark, or a Chuck, which was just plain crazy because he was neither.
Clark:Well, her inner self knows I am Clark, I just have to convince her outself of this fact.

Maybe ‘Jerome’ was his real name. “You need to double back to the Kents through the woods and warn them. The best way to protect your dad now is to be prepared.”
This is not a good plan. Splitting up the party will just make then be captured one at a time.

“I’m always careful,” she told him, and he looked reassured,
Clark:Thomas, you do not know Lois well enough.

If these men were willing to harm middle aged Mr. Irig, who knew what they might do to young virile Clark Kent?
Clark:Yes, she does not have the resolve to refuse to call me by my name.

What was up with their government? Between this group, Bureau 39, and the NIA, it felt like her entire government was going covert.
Is Bureau 39 really part of the goverment at all?

Although, according to Ombudsman Thompson, Trask and Bureau 39 didn’t have anything to do with the government.
Of course part of the job of people like Thompson is to deny any knowledge.

Could she now be dealing with a rogue group of the EPA?[Quote]

The EPA just does not have the structure to create covert operations. Anyway, if they are after the crystal, that does not sound like the EPA at all.

[Quote]but in the bright light of day, it would be much easier for the soldiers to spot her.
Soldiers is not a term I would ever use to describe people with the EPA or the Dept of the Interior. I think Lois knows this is something else, even if she is not admitting it to herself.

Was someone else spying on these people besides her and Clark? If the Metropolis Star…
They must have taped the DP phone lines than.

Relief flooded her as she saw Jimmy,
She must be in a really tough spot if she is relevied to see Jimmy.

“Lois!” he choked out her name, and pulled her into an embrace. “You scared the living daylights out of me.”
Yep, Jimmy as an outdoorsman is ridiculous. He gets scared way to easily.

“Nah. He’s alive, until I get my hands on him,”
Clark:Maybe staying in Trask's custody longer is not such a bad option.

“That’s great!” Jimmy said,
Clark:Jimmy, did you just tell Lois it is great that she is plotting to kill me.

his face lighting up. “The Chief said that he must have misheard. Who died then?”
How is Lois going to explain this?

Lois rolled her eyes, not wanting to go through Clark’s deception again at the moment. “An old girlfriend of Clark’s. He learned about it this afternoon.”
Well, I guess this was the first person whose death she mentioned. So in a way it is the truth.

“Oh.” Jimmy looked as if he didn’t know if he should be happy about this news or not.
Jimmy:This means less competition for Lois. So maybe it is a good thing.

John Pack Lambert