“Not really. A group of soldiers was following him. I’m not quite sure what they’re up to,” she replied.
At this rate soon Thomas, Jonathan and Martha will also be prioners.

“So, who has CK?” he asked.
At least Jimmy is focusing on the most important issues.

Lois shrugged. “Not sure, exactly. I had a feeling it might be Trask, but...”
She should really trust her basic feelings.

“Thomas said they were looking for some kind of rock. Have you seen anything that…?” she started to ask as Ms. Sherman walked into view. “EPA liaison, my foot.”
Well, at least she no longer believes the EPA lie.

“I’m going to follow her,” Lois told Jimmy. “You stay here.”
Is Lois determined to split the party into as many components as possible.

Lois got up to leave and saw someone else leave the tent, someone she had hoped she would never see again, despite knowing it was inevitable. “Trask!” she hissed.
Well, now she knows the absolute truth about what is going on.

Jimmy nodded and started taking photos.
Hopefully he can put them to good use. Is Trask a wanted criminal for throwing Lois out of a plane?

It was Bureau 39, just as she suspected. What were they doing here in Smallville? Why were they interested in that green crystal that Thomas and Wayne Irig had found?
Obviously because it is believed to have some special ability that will be useful to their plants.

She thought Bureau 39’s main objective was to kill Superman,
Will she make the connection? Hmm, who would think some random crystal could kill Superman?

Even if Trask’s crazy idea was on the right track, killing the Kryptonian representative sent to Earth would probably anger the Kryptonian people enough that they would be more likely to attack, than to have friendly relations with the people of Earth.
Good point. Although Trask does think that Superman is trying to give people a false sense of security. In the long rin the best way to understand Trask is as a total xenophobe. He does not want any aliens on earth, whether they are friendly or not. He wants to start the war.

Of course, Trask’s theory was completely implausible. Superman would never do that. He loved Earth and valued life above all else.
Thus to start the war, he needs to be killed for more reasons than one.

but if he was being held inside there, she might be able to save him.
How exactly does she plan on beating multiple armed Bureau 39 agents?

She heard the van’s engine start and glanced towards the first tent, seeing a shackled Clark being led from that tent and put inside the van.
Well, now she knows where Clark is. Although how she is going to get him free is another question.

Oh, no, Clark! Lois raised a hand to her mouth as she gasped in pain at seeing him so. Luckily, it hadn’t looked like Trask had done anything to Clark except chain him up.
Well, I guess seeing is still more shocking than just suspecting. Although it has not really ever been in doubt that they had captured Clark.

Sheriff Max Harris seemed to be the logical choice except for the fact that, according to Clark, he wouldn’t help.
Would he get involed in the kidnapping of a reporter? If they could make it not an issue of the Irig farm. I still doubt it.

“She probably knows that we have Kent and is sending in reinforcements to rescue him,” Trask told his lieutenant.

Sounded like a good plan to her. Thanks, Trask.
But who is she going to use as reinforcements? Hank?

Meteor? Did he mean Thomas’s green crystal? Lois wondered. Probably. Kent’s folks? Oh, crap, Trask thought that Clark was related to the Kents. Not good.
Does it really matter one way or the other at that point? He would be mad at them for colluding in hiding the rock either way.

Her eyes widened. Did Trask think that the green crystal could hurt Superman? He was insane. Superman was invulnerable. Wasn’t he? Trask couldn’t be right, could he?
At least she is realizing things might be worse than they are. At this point I think we learn why Clark should tell Lois the truth. If she knew about Krytonite she could help him.

This is the point where it is most obvious that Clark not telling Lois has hurt him more than it did in canon. Of course, in canon it is unclear why Clark does not tell Lois the truth about Krytonite. I understand why he did not tell her before she wrote her article, since he also did not help write it so that the denial of Kryptonite would be more believable. However, I am not sure at all why he did not tell her afterward. Would it not have helped to have her knowing Superman could be hurt and such. Maybe he figured his parents knowing was enough, but they are not usually around.

Soldiers were now running around the camp starting to take things down and loading the things onto trucks. Word must have spread that they were moving out. If she didn’t get into those tents now, whatever documents and information she could find would disappear as quickly as Superman’s vessel had.
Maybe she is about to find his ship.

“Go into town. Find someone who can help. I don’t know, an Army recruitment officer or someone.
In Smallville? Hmm, actually at the Corn Fest time might make sense. Some of the kids would probably jump at the chance to join the military.

Call Perry and see if he can send in the Feds or the National Guards.
Actually that probably should be action #1. They know that the local sherrif is incompetent at best.

Tell them that Trask kidnapped Clark,” she told him. “They’re taking him to Kent farm. It’s one farm over to the west.”
And Jimmy will assume that is where he grew up. Hmm, this will make it so Lois may have Jimmy and Perry thinking she is the crazy one, claiming Clark is not from Smallville.

“I’m going to see what I can find out here before it disappears into a truck. I’ll meet you back at the Kent farm,” she told him. “Contact Superman. Warn him that Trask thinks he has some kind of rock that can hurt him.”
How does she expect Jimmy to contant Superman?

“How can I contact him?” Jimmy asked with exasperation. “Metropolis doesn’t have a Super signal.”
What about his signal watch?

“Think of something. Have Perry scream ‘Help, Superman’ out his office window or something,” Lois suggested.
Under most circumstances this would work.

Jimmy glanced down at his watch and nodded. “I know of something, but it’s a long shot.”
Yes, Jimmy remembered the watch.

“A long shot is better than none. I’ll call the Kents and warn them they’re about to get visitors,” Lois said, reaching into her bag and pulling out her cell phone as she headed back towards the tent she was sure Ms. Sherman must have entered.
Why doesn;t she also call Perry? Also, does Jimmy have a cell phone?

She looked down at her phone, one bar. What was it with this middle of nowhere town?
Well, Wayne probably does not have a cell phone. If she was by city hall she would probably have good reception.

John Pack Lambert