He had stupidly continued to use the name his folks had given him on the day they had found him in Shuster’s field.
Hmm, I guess he could have gotten a new name on coming to this dimension. However then he would have needed a fake drivers license, instead of just using one that did not officially exist.

Now, Trask thought these Kents were his family. If anyone got hurt because of him, he’d never forgive himself. Ha! He wouldn’t be able to live with himself.
Clark is still excelling at blaming himself.

Lois would be devastated, of course, that her beloved Superman was no more. She would understand though, that he had done it for her.
I think Lois would be more devastated that her partner was no more.

This vicious cycle of death that continually followed him had to end. It had started when his birth father and mother had sent him away from his true fate on Krypton.
He really does noeed to see the globe. Also, he needs some postive persepctive. If it was not for him well over 100 more people would be dead.

This was not to say he wasn’t happy to be alive, he was, but he had brought so much pain and misery to those he loved.
I was hoping seeing that this Rachel was dead would snap him out of this stupid thought process, but I guess not.

If they could all survive this ordeal he would strive to be the man Lois deserved, even if she could only accept that man as her friend.
I think if he tells her the truth, she will eventually forgive him.

He was somewhat surprised, actually, that she hadn’t bolted from Smallville last night.
She wants to understand the truth. Anyway, why would she run off when he is suffering. She likes him more than he gives her credit for.

That small fact gave him a flicker of hope that, if he was really lucky, she might someday be able to forgive him for deceiving her.
This will only happen when he stops decieving her though. He has to come clean first.

It was also true that Lois Lane never gave up on a story. Clark hoped that there was a part of him she wouldn’t give up on either.
PR:I don't think she will give up on you, Clark, until she has the truth.

Clark:I am not sure if that is good or bad. Makes it sound like I will have to tell her SM=Ck.

PR:I don;t think you really have a choice anymore.

He couldn’t let Lois and his new-dimension folks die again, not on his watch.
Lois die again would make sense. However "his new dimension fols die again" seems a bit of an odd formation. It would seem more to the point to say "He couldn't let Lois and his folks die again".

When the chains still wouldn’t bend, Clark closed his eyes and reached deep inside himself for his inner strength, for his essence, for what made him, rather than anyone else, Superman. This wasn’t a job for Clark, or Jerome. This was a job for Superman.
But if he reaveals he is Superman, Trask will have no reason to keep Lois alive. If he does not know, than he will need to keep Lois alive to get more info.

John Pack Lambert