“She went on to our farm looking for Jerome, but she sent me back here to warn you guys,” Thomas explained. “Lois said we needed to hide the rock. She figures they’re coming after it because my dad wouldn’t tell them where he hid it. Otherwise, why follow him after letting him go?”
Clark:Somehow between Lois and Thomas they are doing the most vital thing, without knowing why it is so vital.

“Lois knows about the rock?” Mr. Kent asked, shooting a worried look at his wife.
Jonathan:This is bad. She is mad enough at Jerome right now to use it on him.

“Yeah. I told her.
Jonathan:Luckily Thomas does not know what it did to Jerome.

She seemed surprised nobody else had mentioned it. I mean, it’s why these guys took over our farm, isn’t it?” Thomas asked.
Good point. Why didn't Martha tell her? Oh, because she knew the rock was connected to Superman, because they found some with baby Clark, although they did not know it was what killed him.

If they brought her here to help, it seemed only fitting that she should have all the details.
Of course, Thomas does not realize that they only meant to bring Jerome to help. Lois coming was no more part of Martha's plan than it was part of Clark's plan.

“How are we going to protect ourselves from those guys?”
Good thing Jonathan already brought out his shotgun, at least if I followed what was up correctly.

Mr. and Mrs. Kent exchanged another look, communicating a whole conversation, which Thomas didn’t catch.
Martha:well, he is the last person who believes Jerome and Lois are married. We don;t want to blow his whole cover.

PR:Don't Hank and Lana believe Jerome and Lois are married.

Martha:Oh, did Jerome spread the lie of his marriage in town too? Soon Maisie will be by asking how our farm hand maanged to marry the Daily Planet's top reporter.

Jonathan:We could tell her that our farm hand also happens to be Metropolis's second rank reporter, Clark Kent.

Martha:No, that will never work. Maisie knows my maiden name is Clark. Even if we can obsure how often Jerome helps out here, that will just open more questions than we want. Nope, not happening.

“No, Jonathan, absolutely not. We’re not going to use our rifle against people, even bad people. That’s not who we are,”
I guess know we know where Clark gets his absolutely refusal to kill anyone.

“Martha, we need to protect Wayne, Thomas, Lois, and Jerome. Who knows what those guys will do once they get a hold of the green rock? It’s dangerous,” Mr. Kent countered.
Good point. Although destroying the rock seems the best course of action. It is not like then can beat back the B39 hordes with one rifle.

“It’s dangerous?” Thomas stammered, feeling light headed.
Thomas: shock Why didn;t someone tell me before I transported it.

“It makes some people sick.
At least on short exposure only non-human people. laugh Or at least, not-fully human people. We won't test it around Clark, Jr at all. Yes, I know there is no Clark Jr. in this sotry, but we are just warning people against the tests well in advance. However, it might be detrimental to human health after long exposure.

That’s all we know,” Mr. Kent said vaguely.
Clark:Well, you could give him more clues on the type of people it sickens.

Jonathan:We are much better at gaurding your secret than some people.

Canon Lois:It is not my fault that alt-Clark got exposed. What was I supposed to do, not call for help as I was falling to my death. Anyway you don't know anything about that.

Who did it make sick? Mr. and Mrs. Kent seemed fine. It didn’t affect him and his dad. The only person who wasn’t feeling well lately was… “Jerome?”
Thomas is 50% to figuring out Jerome is Superman. This means that at the current rate things are going soon all of Smallville will "know" that Lois Lane is the wife of Superman.

“We aren’t sure about this, you understand?”
Jonathan:We might have something else in our barn that is harmful to Superman. On second thought, no.

“But the glowing made him dizzy.
Wouldn't she say "the glowing rock" or is she trying to emphasize a connection between the glow and Jerome's condition?

That’s why he fell and hit his head when I showed it to him last night. You aren’t to repeat that to anyone, anyone, you hear?”
Hmm, are they afraid that Thomas telling this will blow Jerome's cover, or is it more that they want to keep the fact that things can hurt Superman secret.

Clark:I am not sure, but I am afraid that Thomas will fail in keeping this information from Lois.

He didn’t need to add extra logs to that man’s marriage funeral pyre.
Hmm, I am not sure it will matter much either way. Clark is pretty much to the point where his only course is to tell Lois the truth.

She pressed her lips together in a sour manner, which Thomas thought must be hardwired into a woman’s DNA because he was sure he had seen Lois give Jerome the same expression.
Maybe it is just an expression aquired with marriage.

“Hide it where we discussed.”
Clark:Yes, they have a plan. Maybe being a prisoner is not as bad as I though. Other people seem to be doing better than me at planning.

John Pack Lambert