And I'm a Greek Classics Major.
Good choice, Virginia! laugh

French Dressing, aka salad dressing. I, myself, like the creamy, red variety, which I never knew contained ketchep.
Ketchup? With salad? Certainly not a French dish!

Please, don't try to converse with me in Ancient Greek
No problem, Virginia. I'll write in English. Or at least, I'll try to: sorry for the mistakes. blush

And speaking of mistakes, the funniest mistake I ever saw was in the French translation of the show L&C.

The first time I saw it, it was on French TV. So, it was in French, not with subtitles,but with the actors speaking French (do you use the word "doublage"?).

In Soul Mates (I think), Lois speaks about the black teddy Clark bought her. The translator was certainly tired, VERY tired because we sometimes use the English word "teddy" fot this sort of lingerie. And he translated it with the word "nounours".... and this word means "teddy bear"!

So, I thought that it was the black and white teddy bear that Clark won for Lois in Smallville. Sure, I was a little surprised: why did Lois want this teddy bear for her wedding night. It was cute, but....

And I forgot all about that ... until a few years ago, when I finally understood the meaning of the word, because of some fics on the Archive and on these boards...

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)