“I told the sheriff at the time, old Sheriff Tinney, that I thought Max was full of crap… excuse my French. Since they were both dead from the car accident, the coroner said it would be wrong to check Rachel’s body for such a… Are you sure you’re all right?” he said to Clark.
So do they know that Rachel had sex with Walt, or do they just assume such based on some other things?

“Background,” Lois said vaguely. She squeezed the arm that was around his waist. “Jerome?”
It is possible the EPA were brought in by Sherrif Harris to fulfill his grudge against the Irig family and run them out of town for good.

“If you’ve got something catching, I don’t want you anywhere near Baby Lanelle,” she said, taking another step away from him.
Well, Lana seems to remain insensiutive as always. This man is dealing with the anguish of hearing of a death, not some physical ailment. I do not think I will ever like Lana.

“I’ll get you a soda,” she said, and patted his arm. “Are you sure you’re okay?”
Will Clark drink a soda? Arn't they chalk full of sugar, and thus will remind him of his parents' death?

After that summer he and Rachel and made love, he had even considered himself half in love with her[Quote]

Shouldn't it be "had made love" not "and made love"?

[Quote]In the letter, Rachel reassured him that they would always be friends and apologized for not sending the letter to him at school,
Well, at least twice-orphansed, bounced around Clark has a friend, even if she went away.

Rachel would have contacted him as Kansas State if some unforeseen development
Shouln't that be "at Kansas State"?

He had reassured her that he would marry her if she had become pregnant during their experimenting. Anyway, they had used precautions. Of course, since this was him, that didn’t necessarily mean anything.
Hmm, another reason Clark should not have sex with a women before he tells her his secret. Maybe this is how the events at the Metro Club should have gone down
Lois:I don't have prtection on me, do you.
Clark:Lois, I don't think protection will work with me. There is something I need to tell you. I'm Superman.

Hmm, no maybe that would not have been the best course either.

with the Army as a M.P.
I think it should be "an M.P." unless you pronounce it MiP and do not say the letter.

Max had then crashed the truck, and ‘borrowed’
Plain speak: stolen, in that he did not ask permission.

Would she have accepted his super status with all the enthusiasm of Lois or shut it away like Lana?
My guess is her reaction would have been more like Lois. Of course Lois never had to confront finding out her boyfriend had abilities she had no clue existed. There is a big difference between finding out your boyfriend/work partner/whatever he is exactly at the time is the man who can fly, start fires with his eyes etc. and finding out that your boyfriend can fly, start fires with his eyes etc. when you did not know that such powers even existed.

Those who do write about Lois finding out Clark has such abilities before the world knows they exist seem to assume she would react more positively to the situation than Lana did but this Clark has no comparison.

Lois is of course in love with Superman, but he knows it will be hard if he ever tells her that he is Superman, although for slightly different reasons. The first Lois he met had a very different reaction. For one thing both Lois know that it is possible for Clark to use his powers and maintain a secret identity. The fact that they get fooled may be galling, but it shows that using the powers does not lead to being disected as a frog.

Hank glanced around and lowered his voice. “Unfortunately.”
Well, at least Clark has found someone who holds a similar opinion of Sherrif Harris.

This Clark has been bounced between more foster homes than I ever imagined, at least 5, probably more. Have you ever figured out how many foster homes he was in, or is it a large but not ever determined number?

Lois returned with a lemon-lime soda for Clark, and he took a sip.
Inner Lois voice (ILV): dance I got him to consume artificial sugar. Maybe I can have a chocolate wedding cake yet.
Lois:We are not thinking about a wedding with Clark Jerome "the liar" Kent.
ILV:Maybe you arn't thinking of such, but I am.

Ah, Mr. Lang helped out his son-in-law. That would have been a first. Not that Clark had ever wanted Mr. Lang’s assistance.
Well, when you hold a shotgun wedding, you don;t want you daughter to starve. Yes, I read ahead, so am using knowledge learned from later.

“I’m still blacklisted because I had been Walt’s best friend.”
Or is Sherrif Harris mad because he knows Hank has been covering up for Walt cheating on his sister the night of his death. Lots of people probably suspect it is odd that Barbara looks so much like her namesake, Barbara Irig, who she is not even related to, at least according to the birth certificate and all.

John Pack Lambert