John: You spoil me with your long FDK responses! Thanks. Sorry for not responding sooner, but I’m trying to catch up on my writing.
<sad> for Clark. He lacked the resolve Martha and Jonathan gave canon Clark.
Yes. He has had to learn a lot on his own.
That was probably a factor, but not the factor.
True.
Of course there is physical attraction. How could any man not be physically attracted to Lois?
LOIS: I have to agree 100% here with John. I don’t know either, but it’s amazing how it worked that way for years, then Superman came into town and WHAM, I’m suddenly popular.
With the amount of trouble she gets herself into isn't it often harder to breath.
CLARK: Okay, I’ll admit that I also hold my breath often around Lois when I’m in the uniform. The ‘breathing easier’ thought was for all the other times.
Reading about this from Lois' perspective I forgot that he lacked Super-hearing at this point.
Yes, sorry, I’ve drawn this Smallville arc over many weeks for you and only a couple of days for them. Yes, the opening of the box (and NOT finding the globe) was the night before. He’s still in recovery.
Clark: Well, Walt raping someone is not too shocking.
Actually, it’s always shocking. Especially if that someone is someone I care(d) about.
Clark: <dancing > Lois touched me, <dancing>
CLARK: What? Lois touched me. <checks memory> So, she did. Hmmmm. Er… No, on the dancing. I was still in shock over hearing about Rachel.
Lois is actualy right, she just does not yet know what caused him to collapse and bump his head.
Well, he doesn’t have a concussion. He IS hurt though.
Clark: Even better, she has toned down on the estranged wife Act.
Lois: Clark, just because I don't want everyone to know I am your estranged wife, does not mean we are going to share a bed.
CLARK: I am taking little victories for now.
LOIS: Well, those are the only ones you will get.
CLARK: I’ve gotten other kinds?
LOIS: Well, no. And I can be civil, though, in public. The estranged wife bit doesn’t work for the general public. It makes me seem uncaring and people are less likely to open up to me. Hello? Story!
Well, I am not sure if this fully explains why Lois calls her "husband" both Jerome and Chuck. At least she did not also call him Clark at some point, then he would have to introduce himself as Charles Clark Jerome Lane. I guess since Lana and Hank probably do not know Mrs. Kent's maiden name it would not be too bad in that case.
Neither would Clark and Chuck, since “Chuck” is a nick-name of Charles. It was a band-aid excuse, so they could move past it.
So do they know that Rachel had sex with Walt, or do they just assume such based on some other things?
Let’s just say that Hank and Lana know more than they’ve shared. smile1
Shouln't that be "at Kansas State"?
Yes. Thank you. blush
Hmm, another reason Clark should not have sex with a women before he tells her his secret.
CLARK: I’m not planning on making love to anyone other than Lois and I plan to still be around in the morning and the morning after that and the morning after that… wallbash Okay, you’re right.
Maybe this is how the events at the Metro Club should have gone down
Lois:I don't have prtection on me, do you.
Clark:Lois, I don't think protection will work with me. There is something I need to tell you. I'm Superman.
LOIS: [Linked Image]
Hmm, no maybe that would not have been the best course either.
CLARK: Luckily, Jimmy… I mean, Toni… I mean, not luckily… I mean… [Linked Image] So, you’re saying that I shouldn’t take advantage of Lois the next time she gets drunk and begs me to come home with her, because that would be bad? Even though she gave me a guilt-free card? Shucks.
I think it should be "an M.P." unless you pronounce it MiP and do not say the letter.
Hmmmm. I thought “a” turned to “an” only before a word that started with a vowel. You’re saying there are consonant exceptions to this rule? Oh, and thanks. laugh
Plain speak: stolen, in that he did not ask permission.
CLARK: Yes, I would have described it as “stolen” but for some reason Rachel still loved her brother enough to hope he planned on repaying her.
My guess is her reaction would have been more like Lois. Of course Lois never had to confront finding out her boyfriend had abilities she had no clue existed. There is a big difference between finding out your boyfriend/work partner/whatever he is exactly at the time is the man who can fly, start fires with his eyes etc. and finding out that your boyfriend can fly, start fires with his eyes etc. when you did not know that such powers even existed.
True.
Those who do write about Lois finding out Clark has such abilities before the world knows they exist seem to assume she would react more positively to the situation than Lana did but this Clark has no comparison.
I think it would depend on how Clark revealed this side of himself to Lois. Was it sprung upon her out of the blue, like it had been with Lana? Or did she have an inkling that there was something different about Clark before he accidentally revealed himself? Or did he sit her down and slowly and carefully explain his origins and how his powers came upon him as a teenager?
Lois is of course in love with Superman, but he knows it will be hard if he ever tells her that he is Superman, although for slightly different reasons. The first Lois he met had a very different reaction. For one thing both Lois know that it is possible for Clark to use his powers and maintain a secret identity. The fact that they get fooled may be galling, but it shows that using the powers does not lead to being disected as a frog.
Also, true. But an Alt-Clark (who didn’t have Mayor White and former President Presley on his side) could easily been taken in and had tests run on him. He doesn’t feel pain? How much? How long can he survive being exposed to that rock? How long does it take him to recover? <Similar things that happened to S in DC’s new story.>
Well, at least Clark has found someone who holds a similar opinion of Sherrif Harris.
The Irigs weren’t the only outcasts.
This Clark has been bounced between more foster homes than I ever imagined, at least 5, probably more. Have you ever figured out how many foster homes he was in, or is it a large but not ever determined number?
Well, let’s see, he was in 3 foster homes (Irigs, Harrises, and the Rosses) after he was 16. He was in at least one a year before that, if not more. One year, when he was 15-16ish and all of his powers developed at once, he had been at least 3 foster families. He was considered a “problem child” that’s why he was bounced around a lot. That was when social services contacted the Irigs again, who couldn’t take him when Martha and Jonathan died because Barbara was fighting cancer. So, a lot, over 10.
Well, when you hold a shotgun wedding, you don;t want you daughter to starve. Yes, I read ahead, so am using knowledge learned from later.
When it’s a shotgun wedding AND you don’t want the community to look down upon you for mistreating your own child, her husband, and grandchild. Things might have been different if Lana had remained unmarried.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.