Christina: Another long FDK! hyper Thank you!
Understandable. When you've long since just "bided your time" with someone rather than actively loving said person anyone new can seem to shake that foundation. Whether or not said foundation continues to stand after the shaking is what makes or breaks a true love.
One of my favorite lines from “When Harry Met Sally…” is when she says (and I’m paraphrasing), “But… she was supposed to be his transitional (rebound) person, not the ONE.” (When her ex-boyfriend married the next woman he dated...)
Doubting the difficulty of Love (gic), Clark? I think you need to remember the Bard's words once again:
"The course of love never did run smooth."
CLARK: Phew. It’s not just me, then.
Passion, Clark. It's called passion. Something that I don't think you really had for Lana in the same way you do with Lois.
Yes, no passion in the Kent-Lang relationship.
*Clark figures out he has them and does this*
*Lois's eyes grow to saucers*
Lois: *a little breathlessly* So I guess I'm not actually cheating on you, am I?
CLARK: <once again setting his foot in his mouth> Depends. Are you still seeing Luthor?
I'm sure they're trying to place him and failing miserably at that comment.
Can you remember everyone you met 10-15 years ago? Me, either.
CLARK: <raises hands>
LOIS: Oh, shut up!
Cat to Lana: It's an involuntary reaction, isn't it?
Lana: No comment. *goes to kiss her husband in front of Clark in an attempt to show him that she's taken.*
CLARK: Why? I don’t want her.
That has to his him in the gut in a way that Lana's wouldn't. She had meant something to him after all.
Yes, sadly, Rachel meant more to him than the woman he dated for 10 years and obsessed about for years before that. (Sadly for that wasted time and effort on Lana.)
Just as I thought.
It was mentioned back in… <guessing> Part 4?
Oh my goodness, the fact that Max stole from Rachel... *growls*
CLARK: I agree. mad
Oh those woulda, coulda, shouldas of life. They are rankling at times, aren't they Clark?
Those are ten years he can’t get back.
It is true, but it's hard for him to admit it as he never followed up on it.
He did follow up, but by then, she was gone. By the time she returned, he was engaged.
Cat: What, you mean the fact that your from another world?
Clark: More complicated than that even.
Cat: *sidles up to Clark with a seductive look on her face* Wanna tell me about it?
Clark: *upon her reaction* Um... not really at the time.
Thank goodness that Cat’s in Paris. clap
I hope the Kents or Irigs are ready to defend Clark if need be (or Lois grabbing an extra gun that fell somewhere.)
[Linked Image]
Clark: I'm the son of Kryptonian parents, raised by farmers until they were killed in a car crash then bumped from home to home to home. Lover to Rachel Harris, former fiancée of Lana Lang, oh and all of that happened in a different universe.
Lois: Are you sure you didn't need to see a doctor for that concussion?
CLARK: Thank you again for reminding everyone why Lois won’t believe the truth.
Been reading too many of those bodice-rippers, Lois?
Lois: *defensively* No. Not at all. (refuses to admit that she has a small corner of her romance book shelf dedicated to that kind of book.)
laugh
I'm a little split on this one. One side it shouting to have Lois's logical self hog-tied and thrown out the window of the Love Place while the other is saying "good for her."
LOIS: Imagine how I’m feeling.
Oh boy, she's right in that it's the Clark he soul was originally destined for. Now she'll be furious that Clark's not "her" Clark and will want him to come out and tell her who he is. Whether that will make him tell her he's Superman or from another universe entirely remains to be seen.
[Linked Image]
<Lois searching for the truth>
<Christina searching for answers>

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.