True, but Star Labs does not have technology as advanced as this. Actually, the device has been used for well over three centuries and is usually removed when the paitent enters adulthood. See, centuries ago, kidnappings for political leverage had become almost common. In order to get this practice to stop, Kryptonian scientists invented a locator chip that was inserted into every child soon after birth. In event that the child goes missing, it is easy to find them. Psychic signatures are all well and good, but when there are millions of them around, one is as hard to isolate as... well, a single person breathing in a crowded room. It lasts up to 40 years if necessary, so it should still be working perfectly.

A similar, older model was what was used to find the other Clark when it became apparent that they needed him to keep Nor in check back on New Krypton, and one was given to Kiley in case of a kidnapping attempt. (Clark no longer has his; it was dissolved.)

Mr. Kent, I have the ability to travel in between universes. If you so wish, just name the location and the time, and I can meet you there.

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying