Breanna,

It had never occurred to me that Lois might have used a different name in her novel. I'll have to look into that. Thank you for suggesting it.

I have been keeping an eye out for LL names, but so far, I've had no luck.

As for Mr. Wells, I have no way of contacting him. He seems to show up on his own schedule, which isn't much of a surprise, given that he's a time traveller. And no, I would not expect that he has seen "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure." It's too violent for him. Especially the ending, where they decide to shoot the teachers so they don't have to do their presentation. Of course, the teachers start shooting back, and the whole thing turns into a big gunfight.

It was a little too much like "Back to the Future," where this kid sees his friend, a crazy scientist who for some reason has an English accent, get horribly killed by terrorists. So he jumps into the time machine the crazy English scientist invented, goes into the future, grabs a bunch of high-tech weaponry, and then spends the rest of the movie shooting people.

Then again, that's the way all movies are these days. All guns and violence and the occasional insane English scientist being killed in some especially gruesome way.

So, "Smallville Girl," huh? You wouldn't happen to be from my home town, would you?

Sherry, I flew over Echo Canyon again, as you suggested, but I didn't find anything.

My trip to the embassy was a little more productive. There is definitely something odd going on there. One of the staff in particular, Martin Snell, became very jumpy when I mentioned the name "Lois Lane." I used my abilities to follow him around for a while, odd as it felt to do so. Soon after he thought I'd left, he called someone. I didn't recognise the voice, but the conversation was about Lois! Snell reported that two people had come asking after Lois and said that they'd have to start keeping a closer watch on her again, that they might have to kill her, after all. That hit me pretty hard, on several counts, but I kept enough presence of mind to wait around and search his office after he left. I didn't find much, though. Less even than you'd expect to see. I suspect he keeps his important files elsewhere.

Now I don't know whether to cheer, panic, or hit myself. On the one hand, my investigation has put her into danger. They may decide to kill her before I can find her, and if they do, it'll be my fault. On the other hand, I now know that she's alive, free, and somewhere in the area!

It's a lot more than I had before, and it's thanks to your suggestions! So, any thoughts about what I should do now?

Clark

"Well, what he can't do, it doesn't matter. It's the idea of Superman. Someone to believe in. Someone to build a few hopes around. Whatever he can do, that's enough." - Lois Lane