I've checked Lois's old computer for her novel, but found no sign of it. I even asked Mr. Oleson to help, but he didn't find anything, either. It looks like she hadn't started writing yet when she left. It was worth a try.

Karen, I'll keep my eye on Snell when I can, but I can't watch him all the time; I do have my duties as Superman. Much as I want to find Lois, I can't ignore people in need of more immediate rescues.

As for a phone tap, I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, but it's moot. I wouldn't know how to go about tapping a phone anyway.

I find it interesting that the movies you mentioned are so different in your universe. Sounds like they might be worth a look, if I could get my hands on them. I'll keep that in mind for when I find Lois. Maybe we can see them together.

Carole,

I know that Lois reached the Congo; she confirmed that in her last communication. I also know that she's alive, and I strongly suspect she's still somewhere in the Congo -- see my previous message for more details.

Also, while 1993 was ten years ago for you, here it's only been four. It's 1997 in my universe.

I'll keep your suggestion of a changed appearance in mind. Thanks for reminding me.

I haven't tried investigating her gun-running story. It's been four years and things have changed. With all the guns moving around thanks to Tempus's schemes, I expect it would be even harder to sift through those old leads. I'll give it a try, though.

As for Mr. White, I have talked to him. That's how I have the information about her travels and communications. Unfortunately, he's rather busy these days with his duties as mayor of Metropolis. He's always willing to make time for me, but I don't like to impose on him too much. If you can think of something specific to ask him, I might give that a shot.

Thank you for your continuing help, FOLCs.

Clark

"Well, what he can't do, it doesn't matter. It's the idea of Superman. Someone to believe in. Someone to build a few hopes around. Whatever he can do, that's enough." - Lois Lane