Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Lady Loisette: I have to say it sounds like you have a really fun job. Can I be envious?
I timed myself when capping one particular episode and I ended up clicking the mouse button in rapid-fire motion, non-stop without slowing down or stopping (because if you do that you've just messed up and have to scrap your work and start again) for 7-and-a-half hours. My poor arm was begging for mercy, but I had to keep going.
No! Don't do that! That is *precisely* how I earned myself a permanent repetitive stress injury decades ago. To this day, I use a mouse left-handed because my right, dominant wrist hurts if I mouse for more than a minute or two at a time with it. Please don't do yourself a permanent injury in the name of dedication. Listen to your body; it is trying to save you from having pains *FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE*!!! (Sorry about shouting; I just want to emphasize that what starts as temporary pain can become chronic quite quickly.) I really wish someone had given me this advice years ago.

Joy,
Lynn