Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Lady Loisette: I have to say it sounds like you have a really fun job. Can I be envious?
The screencapping part of it is definitely no fun at all. It takes a very long time and parts of the process are very tedious.

I timed myself when capping one particular episode and I ended up clicking the mouse button in rapid-fire motion, non-stop without slowing down or stopping (because if you do that you've just messed up and have to scrap your work and start again) for 7-and-a-half hours. My poor arm was begging for mercy, but I had to keep going.

That takes forever to do and it is also the easy and "fast" part of the job. I then I have to sort through the thousands of pictures (sometimes more than 10,000) and narrow that down to the best 100 or so, sometimes even less. That is extremely difficult to do.

After that each picture must be renamed individually. Then each picture must have a watermark added to it then renamed yet again. Once all of that is done the files/folders have to be created on the website and the pictures loaded up to it, either individually or in small groups.

The whole process takes quite a lot of time and work to do. Usually around 6-8 hours the night the show airs, working until the early morning hours. Then sleep for a few hours, wake up and immediately get back to work on it and then work all day and night again until the early morning hours. On occasion it can take even longer than that. I was stuck working one a set of double episode screencaps day and night for weeks.

I also don't get anything for any of the stuff I do for the site. I'm lucky if I get one thanks of appreciation on occasion. Basically I was just asked if I could do all these things and I agreed, knowing that if I didn't there wasn't anyone else who could do it and the site would greatly suffer.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"