Stop Acting Rich (And Start Living Like a Real Millionaire) by Thomas J. Stanley

Wealth is not income and there are three kinds of wealthy people. The "glittering" rich, the millionaires next door and "aspirationals". The glittering rich usually have very high incomes, have their money and display it but still live within their means because of their large net worth. The millionaires next door probably have modest incomes but are very frugal and usually go unnoticed, also living within their means. The aspirationals, regardless of their income, spend above their means acting as if they were rich. The bottom line is that by spending less, saving more and not keeping up with the Joneses it is much more easy to accumulate wealth.

Having read Stanley's other Millionaire books I found there was a lot of repetitive examples in this book. I was hoping for guidelines and strategies but this book is more of a wake up call to the uninformed. I would recommend this book but I would highly recommend The Millionaire Next Door and The Millionaire Mind.

Shallowford