#1 - Adventures of Superman - by Lucy Rosen, John Sazaklis, and Donald Lemke,
Pictures by Steven E. Gordon and Andy Smith, Colors by Eric A. Gordon and Brad Vancata

Okay, I know this is a compilation of "I Can Read" books blush but I did *read* it to my son. He received it for Christmas.

The first story "Meet the Justice League" was more an adventure with them than and actual origin story. Therefore, disappointing. Interesting factoid, according to this story Green Lantern founded the JL with Flash and Aquaman.

The second story is "Escape from the Phantom Zone." Sound familiar? Yep, Zod and his crew (from SM-II) are back and hating on Supes. Let's just say Superman defeats them in the traditional sense (ala Smallville) as opposed to the *new* MoS way.

The third story: "Superman vs. the Silver Banshee". The Silver Banshee was an interesting character and I wouldn't mind seeing more duals with her. She reminded me of the kind of villain, who wasn't all bad, just caught up in the wrong crowd and who made some bad decisions. She did make Lex Luthor look silly and that's always a plus in my villain book. wink

The last chapter/story was "Day of Doom", which I thought was an interesting story to use for an "I Can Read" Book. I definitely went in to it with fears that it would end with Lois weeping over the dead body of our favorite hero. But, instead, the author went with the ol' bait and switch ending and made Superman save the day. Let's say he did it in a way, I'm sure Lois will be asking about in her next interview.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.