4. Poptropica: Cryptids Island - adapted by Max Brallier

Another book in the Poptropica series. My kids didn't like this book as much because the villain Gretchen Grimlock was "really mean". laugh Annie enters a contest where a millionaire offers $1mil to anyone who came bring him proof of 4 Cryptids. Despite these creatures having alluded people for centuries, Annie has no trouble finding them :rolleyes: but Gretchen Grimlock is always stealing her proof and trying to knock her out of the contest. My kids didn't like how Gretchen wasn't playing fair. I tried to explain to them that she's a villain and villains aren't known for playing by the rules.

5. The Wide-Awake Princess - by E.D. Baker - Princess Annabella, younger sister to the famed Sleeping Beauty princess, received the gift of not having magic touch her, so that she couldn't be cursed as her sister was. Her "gift" has unforeseen consequences, both good and bad.

I saw this children's book at the library and was instantly drawn to the idea. I was enchanted by Annie and the troupe of fairy tale archetypes she encounters while searching for a prince to kiss her sister and awaken her kingdom. I must say though, most of the princes she comes across, and she meets quite a few, aren't the type of man *any* mother would want their daughter to marry. My daughter and I very much enjoyed this story. I didn't realize until after we finished it that the author's "Princess and the Frog" story is the one Disney based their movie. (It's up next on our list).

It was a little confusing reading these two books at the same time (one chapter of each, each night) because both characters were named "Annie".

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.