2. Poptropica: Lunar Colony by Patrick Kinney - This is a kids adventure book about a 13 y.o. boy who accidentally get sent to the moon on the space program's last flight.

This story had characterization and plot holes a mile across and twice as deep, but my kids didn't care (or even notice). It did start off REALLY slowly (which my kids *did* notice). It starts off as sad commentary on where our space program was headed, but turns into a quest to find aliens.

3. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe: Book 2: The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis

I now know why I never read the other books in the series. I thought that the Magician's Nephew was better written. This book was okay until the Aslan and the White Witch meet. Then it just fizzled out as if CS Lewis didn't know what to do with it and copped out an ending. The death of Aslan gave my children nightmares, so they were probably too young for me to read it to them. Additionally, the reason for his death was too vague and, well, frankly, not explained. It seemed like graphic violence for no reason at all, other than to scare the reader. We'll wait awhile (if ever) before reading more of the series. I, personally, was disappointed. The kids have decided that after reading the book, they don't want to watch the movie adaptation.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.