Cherryh's book was pretty much universally hailed as an abomination when it came out. I was doubly disappointed because Cherryh's Chronicles of Morgaine is one of my favourite fantasy series. But it was as though she'd never even watched the show. What most LNC fans didn't want in a novel was Lois and Clark on separate sides of the world for most of it! goofy

And then there were the weird details which were totally contradicted in LNC. Been a long time since I read it but I think one of those was Clark bemoaning that his Kryptonian body chemistry meant he couldn't wear a watch because they stopped working after only a few hours.

It had a couple of really nice moments - when Clark and Lois finally made it to the same room, but for the most part it singularly failed to capture any of the show's romance or wit. Would have made a good Superman novel, perhaps, but it had little to do with LNC apart from Teri and Dean on the cover.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers