The usual price I pay for secondhand books from Amazon sellers is around £2.75, cookiesmom - that's from those sellers who list the book at 1p and then add £2.75 'P&P'.

I suspect they make their profit by buying the stock cheap in charity shops and that the P&P is considerably lower than that advertised. Which is fair enough and it's certainly a price I'm happy with. Although, if they all pay the same Amazon rates as you do, I don't know how they make a profit either.

The problem comes when a book is rare or out of print of course because they can pretty much set exorbitant prices for it. Of course, as Stuart pointed out when I was whinging about this to him, if I had one of those books I'd try getting all I could for it, too. goofy Which is true. But, of course, if it was me doing it, that would be wholly justified. laugh

Unfortunately, I can't buy from the US as I don't have a credit card. So I'm restricted to UK sellers.

I never thought of Ebay - it's a long time since I've bought anything there as I got fed up with the hassle of bidding. A lot of them, I see, are more than £2.75, but there are a few cheaper, too, so, yes, definitely I should check there when I get to the next in line. I've ordered the next two Spenser novels in the series from Amazon - The Godwulf Manuscript and God Save The Child - but when I'm ready for the next in line, I'll see what Ebay has to offer.

Anyway, let me know what authors you are looking for and I can keep my eyes open for them next time I go to our local used book shop; they only let you use trade-ins for half the cost of the book, but I have so much credit there I will never use it all up.
That's incredibly sweet of you to offer. Thank you! I'm looking for Robert B. Parker 'Spenser' and 'Jesse Stone' books and Stuart Woods 'Stone Barrington' books.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers