#18 New York Dead - Stuart Woods

After a few recommendations, I took the plunge and bought this and Dead In The Water, which I've just begun and shall come to later.

Well, I'm not in love, yet, but this was a very enjoyable read and I'm looking forward to more of the same from book 3. It took me a couple of chapters to really warm to Stone Barrington as both he and the tone of the novel are very different from the usual detective heroes I've been reading about in the past few years. But I quickly warmed to both and soon got into the swing of things.

I was a little surprised, as this was one of those two books in one deals, that I didn't get book 1 and 2, but 1 and 3. Which is somewhat irksome. But I enjoyed the first enough that I've bought 2 and to be honest I'm fairly confident that I'll be buying more soon.

The one thing better than finding a new author to read is finding a new author to read who's also prolific. laugh I've got a deal of catching up to do and from what I've read already, I anticipate that I'm going to have a lot of fun doing so.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers