Iolan, I'm about a third of the way through and absolutely adoring it, so far. I can certainly see what you love about these books. Wonderful characters. And she's already had me in tears once (the Provincara's indignant reaction to poor Cazaril's story. whinging )I'm at that stage where I'm trying not to read it too fast because I don't want it to end too soon. laugh

I did a bit of research yesterday and realised that most of LMB's novels are pure SF - the Miles V series? - which was probably the book I read that didn't agree with me. This is more down to the fact that my tastes run more to SFantasy and medieval worlds than laser pistols and spaceships these days, so it was probably no surprise that I didn't get anywhere with that one.

But this one is definitely destined to have a cherished place on my shelves and be read and re-read through the years, I suspect. Can't wait to find out what happens next. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers