I have to say that I'm quite excited to get reading GB now. My favourite historical periods have always been the classic civilisations and having read a small bit of The Wolf Hunt on Amazon, I definitely want to read more of that one! Can't wait.

Sue - Libraries? Sure. In fact, I worked in three of them for over a decade as an assistant librarian. laugh But I don't like borrowing from them, for a variety of reasons. They don't always have what you want, if they do it might be out, then you have to order it, if you love the book you have to take it back.... laugh

On another note, I'm feeling slightly miffed today. I had been led to believe by Amazon that Small Vices was the first Spenser novel. Now I find Wiki telling me it's actually the 24th! razz grumble I'd begun to suspect something was amiss when reading it as it didn't sound like a first novel in the way it introduced characters. I should have asked you, Sue, and got more reliable info.

So...not that it matters much, but it would have been nice to start at the beginning.

ETA: Another thing which irritates me - coming late to a popular author, so that most of the early books are out of print or so rare that the second-hand sellers on Amazon feel justified in asking for stupid money for them. So far, I've seen prices ranging from £90- £350.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers