I loved the Gallactica pilot movie. It really fired me up to watch the series. Then, after a few episodes I got bored and irritated - there were so many things that just didn't make sense to me - so I lost interest. The only storylines that still interested me were the ones with Sharon on the ship/on Caprica.

Then, I happened to catch the S1 finale. And, of course, as they always do, they pulled out all the stops and hyped everything up to end with, in the hopes of you tuning in for S2. Well, it worked. <g> As with the end of the movie, the cliffhanger had me desperate to watch the S2 premiere. So I gave it a second go.

Did find the first episode really good. But got so bored during the second that I switched it off and didn't watch the rest.

So I guess it's just not for me.

The thing is... that whole cave resolution seemed kind of perfunctory. "Okay, ancient knowledge... needs a test. Let's throw something together and get past it so we can move on to the rest of the plot."
Yes, that was my problem with it. It just seemed like an awful lot of episode time spent just to come up with the device they needed and the puzzles/predicament seemed to be solved way too easily in the end. I was surprised, in fact, that after fighting the knight, Mitchell declared something to the effect that it 'had to be over', as though he'd gone through a lot. The fight seemed to be done and dusted in two seconds and without much effort really. Personally, I think that big, bad knight was a bit of a wuss. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers