They're doing abbreviated credits so far (on SG-1 and Atlantis) -- I figure they don't want to give away how the line of main characters will shake out, and that "real" credits will kick in within the next few episodes. Plus, with Amanda Tapping out on maternity leave, they can't have many shots of her with the new guy.
Yeah, Karen's right, unfortunately. SciFi insisted on the new 10 seconds titles - it enables them to cram an extra 50 seconds of ads into the hour. Apparently they were given the idea by new shows such as Lost, which have minimalist titles.

I personally think they suck big time. They've apparently made new 1 minute versions for syndication, so I'm hoping that our SKY will use those instead.

Have to say that I'm reserving judgement on Avalon II. I found I didn't enjoy it as much as part one - although the last half hour had me hooked more. I thought the King Arthur cave part was dealt with very swiftly! But I was watching on a teensy little, pretty dark 90mb download and missed a lot of the nuances as a result. So I rather suspect I'll enjoy it much more when I get to see it properly in September.

Glad it wasn't as bad as you feared, Bettina!

Many of us know that Dr. Carolyn Lam is Colonel Landry's daughter through spoilers. But so far there's been no clear indication of that on screen, so you guys haven't missed anything. They're dragging it out as a surprise element, it seems to me. In fact, come to think of it, actually I know they are, because some of TPTB in Gateworlds blogs/Q&A etc have spoken of Landry's 'big secret that has yet to be revealed' and it's clear they were talking about Lam.

There were hints in their conversation in Avalon II that they have some kind of relationship beyond professional - Lam was too informal with Landry for example than if he'd simply been her superior officer. I figure in the coming weeks we'll get more hints until this 'big secret' is clearly revealed.

For now, if you haven't read the spoilers, I suspect you're supposed to be thinking at this point, "Hmmmmmm...there's something going on between those two...but what?" goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers