Do give it a try, Bettina. smile Jack was a big part of the show, but the writing's always been the *most* important part, IMO, and that's still top notch... and anyway Jack's been fading out for the last couple of years so it's not a sudden change.

LabRat, Hammond might want the Daedalus, but he'd have to travel to the Pegasus galaxy to get hold of it, so I'm thinking not goofy Maybe he's holding out for ship #3? (Btw, I love the way events on SG-1 and Atlantis intersect sometimes -- good reminder that it is still all the same universe, even if they can't interact very much.)

I did hear a rumor that Jack was retiring (again) and going on as a civilian, which was allowing him and Sam to have a relationship (finally) down near Area 51. I haven't seen anything on screen to confirm that, though, so I'm not gonna bet any money on it.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K