Okay, it seems that I have to take back some of the things I said earlier in this post. You all were right in giving this new season a chance - well, I couldn't just pass up a CD with the first two episodes, Avalon 1 + 2. But I also have to say, that it seems like a completely different series and that will take some time of getting used to.

This whole thing with the Ori is pretty strange, in fact there are lots of changes I didn't have a clue like the doctor being the General's daughter. Then like said before, the whereabouts of Gen. O'Neill wasn't mentioned on the show yet, LtCol Carter is mentioned as the main-cast and only had a few screen-seconds in that one.

In these first two episodes were quite a few action/adventure scenes which didn't automatically mean a gunfight - one bonuspoint for the show laugh

Oh and about Col. Mitchell ... there's something about him, I admit that. It's a good thing, he's a bit brighter than Jack else he and Teal'c would be rather smashed now. His introducing scenes with Gen. Landry aren't bad either. I think in time he can become a new lead figure of the SG-1 show. There's a noticeable effort of his character to take over the position of the sg1-leader without coming across as a heartless by the books officer.

So a short summary: it isn't half as bad as I expected, there are continuously humorous glimpses in the show .. but I still miss my Jack mecry Oh and the credits are kind of missing (or were cut off in my version, too bad)!