I assume that most members of these boards are aware of the fact that Dean Cain is a year or so younger than Teri Hatcher. In LnC fanfics, Clark Kent has been given Dean Cain's birthday (in February 1966, I think). But Lois Lane has not been given Teri Hatcher's birthday, because that would make Lois older than Clark Kent, and that would not be appropriate! (Would it?) I'm pretty sure I have seen that Lois Lane was supposedly born in 1967, so that she would be about a year younger than Clark Kent.
This is incorrect. Clark's birthdate on the show was given as February 28 (in the episode Never on Sunday) and his ship landed in Smallville on May 17, 1966. Hence the conclusion that he was born on February 28, 1966. Lois' exact birthdate was never given but the episode Tempus, Anyone? established that she was born in 1967 and in the Pilot (set in 1993) she gives her age as twenty-six. She was a Libra so that means she was born between September 24 and October 23, 1967. So the ages of the characters are canon.

P.S. Dean Cain was born on July 31, 1966.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa