Ann, I have a question for you. The topic of deathfic and Lois-deathfic has been discussed over and over. Usually because, in my opinion, you wanted to make a point of women dying and questioning the author's intent. As you have stated (twice now), you are very aware of my intent and purpose. So why are we discussing this all again when nothing new has come of it?

I was very aware when I posted my story that this discussion could come up again. By stating in the author's word what my reasoning was, I had hoped to avoid this. To no avail. I didn't want to bring this all up again, as it will only unneccesarily hurt people. Hurt may be the wrong word, but many are emotionally involved, even if it's just annoyance.

I believe strongly that every individual has their own believes and a right to voice them. But to do so time and again? To me, it feels like preaching. And I usually do exactly the opposite thing then. That's just my nature. Don't get me wrong, I do understand your point of view. I just don't share it, like others here. So to each their own, that's what makes our world so interesting.

But taken together the Lois deathfics, all written by different authors, do form a trend.
That's what you keep saying, Ann. Less than 10 deathfics have been written in the last year, far as I'm aware. (I could be way off, since I don't read much fic lately, but I'm catching up slowly.) How many stories are written on a yearly basis? I'm going to take a nice round number. Let's say 300. That's about 3% then. That may be more than years ago, but seems to be true for the last few years. So what trend do you see?

And even if it were a trend, what is wrong with that? Just because you have objections against it (and some others too, but all for their own reasoning), does that mean we can't write about it? That's like saying a few people don't like to read angsty stories, so we just don't write them anymore. That's hardly fair to the people who do enjoy them. So angsty stories are still being written, as will deathfics.

So to sum up my point: We know how you feel about the subject, you know how we feel. Why do you keep bringing it up when you know nothing will change?

This has nothing to do with me being the author who posted a deathfic this time, by the way. I've been wondering about it for some time now.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!