gosh no - just use a bit of imagination and it's very, very easy to kill off Superman. laugh So it makes sense to ask why it has been so very rarely done in fanfic here.

Although you guys do have a point, of course about Lois being more vulnerable.

However, I don't think it's just a one variable explantion - that we female readers like to fanatasize about how our lover will mourn us (and I want to add here that is not my fantasy when it comes to Clark Kent laugh but i digress into a bit of an nfic moment there smile )

Seriously though, I think there are several variables at work here - the ones that Ann has suggested are surely as significant as the necrofantasy thing.

Me - I hate to see Lois Lane reduced to a plot device to show us how beautifully Clark can suffer. She's worth more than that. Isn't she?

So be honest about death, people - show us the horror, the pain, the physical and emotional agony of dyeing. Please don't romanticise it, pretty it up by focusing on the romantic suffering of the man. True it's about the mourners, but most of all it's about the dead.