I only have one kid.

What I was trying to point out was that, to me, the point of the deathfics, whether or not the 'dead' person is or is not actually dead, is to explore the grief of the survivors. In TOGOM Lois grieves although Clark really isn't dead but she doesn't know this. Her grief is palpable - it's a key to the episode. The number of TOGOM rewrites testifies to the power of that scenario. As a writer, if I kill a character, it is to explore that grief and the aftermath of that loss.

I don't think the number of Lois deathfics is a reflection of any anti-female bias. Lois's personality is such that she is more likely to get in over her head. And Clark's grief (compounded with probable feelings of failure) makes for an interesting study.

As a writer, I have covered the death of a child, the suicide of a major character, insanity, and many other topics I have never experienced and never hope to.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm