As always with this topic, you seem to be pinning a lot of assumptions onto what other member's motivations are.
LabRat, I'm sorry. I have specifically not made assumptions about what other member's motivations are. I agreed with Saskia that she wrote her story because it made her feel better. Apart from that I have not made assumptions about other members' motivations. If you think I have, will you please tell me where in my posts those assumptions are?

And Alcyone, I have no wish to see Clark dead, so why should I ask for Clark deathfics? I wouldn't find them as depressive as yet another Lois deathfic, but should that mean I have to ask for stories about Clark's death?

One more thing. LabRat, you said this:

Oh, I don't think it suggests anything of the sort, Ann. What it suggests is simply that authors will always write the stories which occur to them at the moment, which interest them.

As always with this topic, you seem to be pinning a lot of assumptions onto what other member's motivations are. Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. No deep motivations to insult your favourite character. No misogynistic desire to devalue women. Just storytelling for the fun of it.
And Alcyone, I don't really know what to quote from your post, except that you say that I'm not actually discussing anything and that I'm just plain wrong. Okay, let me summarize our arguments as I understand them:

Me: There is an excess of Lois deathfics compared with Clark deathfics, and there should be a reason for that excess. Look, this is what I think may be the reason...

LabRat and Alcyone: There is no reason. End of discussion.

Ann