just to clarify:

By your own comments here, Carol. I quoted them in my post to illustrate the point I was trying to make:

quote:
it's such a serious subject - more than any other on the boards.
That is what you said - plain as day. Those words say that you believe it is more serious than any other topic on the boards. I disagree.
Yes, that's true - *I* do, but that doesn't automatically mean that I think *others* ought to, too, or that I think my views are more important than those of others, which is what you said here:
So please don't think that your views on deathfics are any more strong or important than others views
I flagged this statement because I interpreted that as your saying that I think everyone ought to have the same views as I do which honestly I've never ever, said or thought. I've tried to make that clear in so many places.

At any rate, it was that that I was hoping you'd point out to me where I've said that I think my views are more important than those of others. I'm clarifying that here rather than in a PM because I'm a bit concerned about this.

I guess it all comes down to which words we decide are the most important in giving meaning. smile

As for all the genres of fic that have been discussed in the past - oh yeah, and they were interesting discussions. smile Perhaps they aren't as prevalent now because people regard those themes as less important? <shrug> (couldn't reisist, abject apology for succombing to temptation. Know I will burn in hell, etc.)

Oh, and btw, I have sent DJ lots of private feedback - constructive criticism as she says - nearly all of it has been very positive. Don't want anyway to think I've been bombarding poor DJ with evil stuff. smile

So true what DJ said about the redundancy of L & C fanfic, btw, but of course we must remain in denial about that. I certainly intend to laugh (of course that doesn't mean everyone ought to be in denial....

c.